Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Constraint Violation Occurred

Today when I was scripting I got this very unhelpful (to me anyway) error message:

Constraint Violation

I was creating a user, so I entered objUser.SetInfo efter all the attributes, one at a time until I found the culprit. It turned out to be objUser.initials.

As it turns out, the initials entry in Active Directory has a character limit. I knew that it could be more then one letter since it's called initials and I have seen users with more then one letter initials, but I never knew how big that entry could be.

As it turns out, the limit is six characters.

No comments: